Saturday, February 7, 2009

White Chocolate Berry Banana Muffins



Sorry for the lack of updates. College has turned into an absolute beast. Junior year is like being on the boss stage of your standard video game. A 9 month long boss stage.

Which is why there are muffins. These muffins give me secret joy since I found a new use for my unwanted foodstuffs. Unwanted foodstuffs sound terrible, don’t they? I’m just talking about this:



Yes. Yoplait yogurt. A little too sweet by itself, but in muffins? Ooh la la.

And yes, I’m proud of this. So shhhhhh. Some of us don’t have access to fresh delicious berries right now.


White Chocolate Berry Banana Muffins

2 cups flour
¾ cup white sugar
¾ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
3 ripe bananas, mashed well
1 container Yoplait Mixed Berry yogurt (or 1/2 cup of your favorite yogurt)
2 eggs
1 stick butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup white chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

In a large bowl, mix together bananas, vanilla, eggs, butter, and yogurt. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, white sugar, baking soda, and salt.

Combine, mixing thoroughly. Add in white chocolate chips; mix.

Grease a standard muffin tin and fill each place with a heaping tablespoon of batter. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown on top.

Continue until all the batter has been used!

Makes about 18 muffins.

By the way, you can always use a different yogurt flavor. I’m going to play around with the ones I have leftover in my fridge.

--Jirafa

No comments: