Saturday, January 24, 2009

Curry Fried Rice



I warned you. Rice recipes in abundance.

These days I’m trying to find what can possibly be mixed with what. I’m strange like that. I blame it on being an only child. My imagination is over-developed.

Curry Fried Rice:

3 cups cooked rice (whatever kind you prefer)
1 veggie burger patty
1 cup green beans, chopped to about 2’’ long
2 tsp sweet Bombay curry powder
3 tbsp butter
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp lemon juice
Salt

Fry veggie burger patty until dark on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Chop roughly.

Pour 1 tbsp of oil into a frying pan and add green beans, sautéing about 3 minutes. Add in the rest of the ingredients, stirring well. Cook for another 2-3 minutes (until the rice is heated through if you’re using cold leftover rice).

Serves 2

--Jirafa

No comments: