Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Chicken Spinach Pizza

It seems to be a spinach week. Now, without any attempt at transitioning, here’s a story. Sometimes I tell myself, “I love you.” Well tonight, I needed to prove this love to myself.

So I made pizza.

Really good pizza.




I got all my little ingredients on there, happy and willing to transcend their boring, lonely lives into something fun and delicious! And they were all so snug and I thought, this looks great. But what could really make this fabulous? I need to show that love.

I know, chicken.



It’s all about the love. <3

Chicken Spinach Pizza

1 personal-sized Boboli whole wheat pizza crust
¼ cup tomato sauce (more if you like saucy pizza, just keep it away from your relatives)
½ cup mixed mozzarella and cheddar cheese, grated
½ cup baby spinach
1/3 cup mushrooms, sliced
1 thinly-sliced chicken breast, sliced into strips and coated with salt, pepper, and garlic powder

Arrange pizza to preference. I like to do sauce, cheese, spinach, mushrooms, and chicken lastly. But be wild. Mix it up. But do keep in mind that the spinach will burn if you leave it too close to the heat. So maybe don’t be too wild.

Pop pizza into oven heated to 450 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes.

Plate, tell yourself “I love you,” and devour.

Serves one hungry college student.

(By the way, I'm sure it tastes just as fabulous without chicken, for those of you who would like to avoid eating feathered friends)

--Jirafa

No comments: